Founder and President
Western Management Associates
Gene Siciliano is Your CFO For Rent, a nationally known consultancy to middle market companies in all industries, both private and public. His strategies, solutions and implementation support create increased financial visibility, profit improvement and enterprise value for his clients during their growth and exit stages. His results enable CEOs to gain control of the money side of their companies, and to experience freedom from financial surprises and deferred retirements.
Gene is founder and president of Western Management Associates, a Los Angeles-based firm he launched more than 25 years ago. His CFO For Rent services to corporate middle-market CEOs and business owners focus on financial management strategy and advisory services, CEO and senior management coaching, and Controller-for-Rent services in interim accounting.
Success stories include:
- coaching an entrepreneur through a profit turnaround and two successful refinances of their owner-occupied building, in the process creating thousands in cost savings and new capital sources
- guiding the financial due diligence process of an eCommerce company through to a successful sale
- earning a selling CEO and extra $5 million for his mobile communications company through effective EBITDA management
- guiding an aerospace manufacturer from pretax profits of zero to 15-20% of sales, using a combination of product pricing, cost control and contract negotiation strategies
- helping a consumer products manufacturer return to profitability after a multi-year pattern of large losses
Gene's clients say:
- He was instrumental in helping refocus the company's efforts, which created liquidity, infinitely more value, and ultimately resulted in the sale of the company for a much higher price.
- He helped us grown our company and our profits as our long-distance CFO, and he really delivered
- His seasoned guidance and his ability to focus and refine our financial model, in preparation for our first round of institutional venture funding, were both timely and valuable.
- He [shared his] encyclopedic financial knowledge and considerable "people" skills [which] were absolutely essential for getting us successfully to our goal.
As an award-winning speaker and trainer and member of the National Speakers Association, he offers private presentations to CEOs (sometimes with their senior managment teams) on their chosen business and financial strategy.
He is the author of the McGraw-Hill published book entitled: "Finance for Non-Financial Managers," which was released in its 2nd edition in 2014, and a personal finance book for educators entitled: "Financial Mastery for the Career Teacher," published by Corwin Press. His articles on financial strategies and cost control have appeared in national and international periodicals, as well as his firm's print and electronic newsletters and blogs.